EDITION: Wilkes County
50 °
Registered Users, Log In Here

Joseph T.

Posted 11:15 am, 10/20/2012

Happy the first thing you need to know is what the law says for this goto the NC General Statutes and read Chapter 42. The county may also have some other laws and you need to check with them also.

george h w b

Posted 8:11 am, 10/20/2012

Mess with the electrical wiring in the attic so it will catch fire and burn to the ground. But first, make sure you have everything that is wrong with the place in writing and certified receipt copies forwarded to her before it accidentally catches on fire. Then SUE her for the loss.


Posted 7:28 am, 10/20/2012

If you have children I would leave as soon as possible....I wouldn't pay rent either...then you will be able to get in touch with your landlord...a final note, I don't know why people on here are calling you stupid....but this is GoWilkes


Posted 10:42 pm, 10/19/2012

If you are Hud assisted then let them know. They will make landlord fix the problem or they will withhold the check. If you pay the rent, then have it fixed and send a copy of the expenses and deduct from rent money.


Posted 9:39 am, 10/19/2012

If it is that big of a deal call HUD.


Posted 9:38 am, 10/19/2012

Underdog is correct, move and soon. Highly likely that when you continue to complain it will get you no where but asked to move anyway. IF the place is in that bad of shape then chances are it will not be fixed.

The statement "the last tenants had the heat pump fixed" would have been enough to send myself away.


Posted 9:30 am, 10/19/2012

You will lose , move stupid.


Posted 8:20 am, 10/19/2012

gI know..Move! Right? Nope..i move here with th intentions of making this my home. We both signed the lease. im keeping up my end and i want to demand that she keeps up hers. Im not gonna just take this lying down. I just gotta figure out.besides moving what are my rights and them what are my options.Maybe ill feel diffrntly tomorro but right now im angry and determind!


Posted 8:01 am, 10/19/2012

Send a certified letter to the landlord. That's your proof.


Posted 7:57 am, 10/19/2012

The landlord is responsible for all repairs to the home no matter how small, or large. Unless u signed that u would b responsible,or u tore it up,n then they have to fix it, n send u the bill. If not u can move n all cost of moving, deposit, n all rent already paid must b returned 2 u. I had 2 go thru this with a past landlord over fllooring falling in. Had 2 go to small claims court but thats what I was awarded. When u rent all repairs are the landlords cost. If they cant repair it then they have to substitute it with another way. When u pay rent thats what ur payn for.


Posted 7:57 am, 10/19/2012

I would send her a letter letting her know that you will be using November's rent money to fix the heat. If nothing else, I bet that gets you a call back.


Posted 7:55 am, 10/19/2012

You can legally have these issues fixed and pay for them out of your pocket and then deduct those costs from your rent. I have had to do that before and just make sure you keep your receipts.


Posted 7:54 am, 10/19/2012

Move stupid.


Posted 7:54 am, 10/19/2012

Oh and I forgot to add..We cant use space heaters cause more than 1 keeps throwing the breakers and we do have the back uo heat but I cant even begin to imagine whatll happen to my light bill once it it gets cold and stays cold. would the back up heat be considered adequate or is she responsivle for repairing or replaxing the heat pump?


Posted 7:50 am, 10/19/2012

uh......maybe MOVE????


Posted 7:50 am, 10/19/2012

Read over your lease, closely. If everything you've said is accurate, you have several valid reasons to break the lease. Notify your landlord in writing. If she doesn't respond and you're still unable to reach her by phone.. move the heck out (you can always leave a voice mail notifying her that you're moving....chances are she'll call you after learning of your intentions). Even if you have to forfeit your security deposit, you'll be ahead of the game, all things considered. I know you don't want to hear "forfeit your deposit", but sometimes you have to cut your losses before those losses accumulate. You can always take her to small claims court too, but I would definitely find another place to live and get out of there.


Posted 7:42 am, 10/19/2012

I live in a 2 story very old house. It has 8 rooms & 2 bathrooms and my central air is broke. When we moved in the lanlord told me the previous tenants had rrpaired the central air and stupid me! iI didnt checkit I took forgranted that it worked..Guess what! It doesnt work! And the roof in the laundry room is leaking and the ceiling is falling down. My lease clearly states that she is responsible for all major repairs. I have talked to her a few times about fixing the heat and she says she doesnt have the money ..and so you know she owns her own realty company. But now she wont return my calls. Iv been trying to get in touch with her for 2 weeks What can do??!!!!!!

Your Property,Our Priority.Dont buy or sell alone!
If the thought of selling your home gives you a headache ...Take 2 Aspirin and call me in the morning! 336-957-1229 matthewmdavis@yahoo.com
Jenny Jones Realty, Inc
Sign Up With the Sign That Sells, Homes,Land, Farms. Buying or Selling, Call Us! Jenny and Jerry Jones/Jenny Jones Realty, Inc. 336-838-7229
$1.89/10lb cube - $2.00/10lb pea size.[Delivery Avail.] Commercial Customers call for wholesale prices. Used & New Restaurant Equipment.SALES SERVICE-PARTS-MAINTENANCE & MORE! 336-667-3800